Account Engineering Assistant - AFM
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Consultant Engineer at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
I PLAY A PART IN BUILDING A BRIGHT FUTURE THAT CAN WEATHER ANY STORM.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.Gabriel — Engineering Specialist — Employee Since 2007
More information about this job:
The Account Engineer Assistant’s (AEA)main responsibility is to assist Account Engineers (AEs) in maximizing their time with our clients by absorbing administrative tasks and developing trusting relationships with AEs, Group Managers of Account Engineering (GMAEs), Operations Engineering Manager (OEM), clients and brokers.
The AEA will be responsible for processing/transactional AE functions as well as maintaining AE data but does not interpret, prepare or assist the AE in its usage. The incumbent will also generate and compile client information to be used by the AE during presentations and meetings.
Responsibilities include entering and reconciling information in various FM Global systems that is used by others to make underwriting and engineering decisions; requesting location engineering inspections; assisting with the tracking of risk improvement recommendations; issuing risk reports and delivering outstanding service to clients and brokers in coordination with the Account Engineers and other team members
- Ensures the timely delivery of engineering services and products to our clients at new and existing locations
- Support AE risk improvement efforts by tracking risk improvement recommendations for completion, inputting recommendation follow-up responses from clients and field engineering into MyRisk and Risk Console
- Supports the strategic vision of the AE, by compiling reports and information which includes providing data for the development of client presentations, generating and utilizes company canned reports to provide information to AEs, gathering and distributing data needed by the AEs for internal meetings and account reviews
- Ensure internal and external clients receive a timely response to inquiries by responding to customer questions (ex. MyRisk, publications, client videos etc.) and/or directs to appropriate personnel within established time frames, logs client inquiries for data and forwards to appropriate AE or AEA for response, providing backup coverage and supporting AEA II and Sr AEA on special assignments as requested.
- Provides support to the Group Manager Account Engineering and Area Manager.
- College degree preferred, required High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of administrative experience supporting a work group and/or manager
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Superior technical skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Customer Oriented and able to work well in teams
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.