Account Engineering AssistantAdministrative - Other, Engineering, Engineering - Other, Other Careers Job ID 2022-12065 Alpharetta, Georgia 06/15/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Atlanta Operations has an immediate opening for a Field Engineering Assistant (FEA). Under general supervision, the Field Engineering Assistant provides complete administrative and technical support to a team of Field Engineering Consultants.
The Engineering Processing Department has an immediate opening for an Account Engineering Assistant (AEA) in our Atlanta Operation. This position will be responsible for assisting Account Engineers (AEs) in maximizing their time with our clients by absorbing administrative tasks and developing trusting relationships with AEs, Group Managers of Account Engineering, Operations Engineering Manager and Engineering Processing Manager, clients, and brokers.
The incumbent will be responsible for processing transactional AE functions as well as maintaining AE data. The incumbent will also generate and compile client information to be used by the AE during presentations and meetings.
Responsibilities include entering and reconciling information in various FM Global systems that is used by others to make underwriting and engineering decisions; requesting location engineering inspections; assisting with the tracking of risk improvement recommendations; issuing risk reports and outstanding service to clients and brokers in coordination with the AEs and other team members.
- Ensures the timely delivery of engineering services and products to our clients at new and existing locations, which includes indexing locations, ensuring there is a local contact to schedule visits and that the report is transmitted utilizing the correct document distribution.
- Support AE risk improvement efforts by tracking risk improvement recommendations for completion, inputting recommendation follow-up responses from clients and field engineering into MyRisk and Risk Console.
- Supports the strategic vision of the AE, by compiling reports and information which includes providing data for the development of client presentations, generating and utilizes company canned reports to provide information to AEs, gathering and distributing data needed by the AEs for internal meetings and account reviews.
- Ensure internal and external clients receive a timely response to inquiries by responding to customer questions and/or directs to appropriate personnel within established time frames, logs client inquiries for data and forwards to appropriate AE or AEA for response, providing backup coverage and supporting AEAs on special assignments as requested.
- Establishes working partnerships with external and internal clients.
- Incumbent must regularly determine responsibilities to complete the deadline. This will be done through gaining an understanding of specific needs and requirements of the client, client service team members, time sensitivity and commitment.
- Utilizes Excel tools and formulas to format, and process client and FM Global information accurately and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience supporting a work group and/or manager, preferably in an insurance or related work environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Fluent in spoken and written English. Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills. Above average technical skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Strong problem-solving capability. Customer oriented and able to work well in teams, as well as the ability to adapt and understand cultural differences.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center