Field Engineering Assitant
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Engineer at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Flexibility & Achieving Change
- Gets Results
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
Sr. Consultant engineer
employee since 2007
I play a part in building a bright future that can weather any storm.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Depending on your role, we offer a company vehicle to suit your traveling needs.
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
The Engineering Processing department has a position opening for a Field Engineering Assistant in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The Field Engineering Assistant’s main responsibility is to assist Field Engineers in maximizing their time with our clients while developing trusting relationships with Field Engineers and managers.
- Organize and schedule field engineering visits to support meeting the company’s objectives by managing the assigned work in the Field Engineers’ calendars
- Communicate with FM Global/AFM clients and coordinate visit times
Prepare and distribute visit agenda letters
- Establish working partnerships with external clients and internal clients
- Ensure visit timeliness by following up on open orders, researching the status and communicating relevant updates
- Review and approve engineering time charges
- Distribution of documents and ensuring data integrity of engineering processing systems
- Proven work experience in professional office environment
- Fluency in Dutch and English; an additional language is a plus
- Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Superior technical skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail, a professional telephone manner and experience in diary management advantageous
- Customer oriented and able to work well in teams, as well as the ability to adapt and understand cultural differences