At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Consultant Engineer at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
I PLAY A PART IN BUILDING A BRIGHT FUTURE THAT CAN WEATHER ANY STORM.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.Gabriel — Engineering Specialist — Employee Since 2007
More information about this job:
FM Global is a US based company that operates in 100 countries with approx. 5,000 employees all over the world. With a history of more than 175 years and excellent financial ratings we are continuously growing, particularly in Europe and Eastern Europe.
We provide comprehensive global commercial and industrial property insurance, engineering-driven underwriting and risk management solutions, property loss prevention research and professional claims handling.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the Paris Operations Engineeringteam as Consultant Engineer based in Istanbul, reporting to Group Manager Field Engineering.
- Work in partnership with our clients, understanding their businesses and helping them to prevent and to control losses.
- Ensure that all hazards are properly identified at client locations: conduct on-site loss prevention evaluations that identify all reasonably foreseeable physical and human element exposures for perils.
- Accurately quantify exposures at client locations to assure that the Account Team places an appropriate level of attention on the exposure and the impact to the business.
- Take appropriate steps to guarantee the operational functionality of protective equipment at client locations to maximize the opportunity for loss mitigation and ensure that the protection systems are maintained at all times.
- Obtain local client understanding and agreement on the hazards/exposures discovered and their potential business impact.
- Achieve practical, effective on-site risk improvement, such as human element / maintenance programs and low / moderate cost physical improvements. And develop a plan for completing target recommendations for high capital improvements align with Account Engineering.
- Illustrate the value-added differential of FM Global engineering capabilities, and in conjunction with Account Engineering innovative methods to educate the client on loss prevention that should be pursued where appropriate.
- Identify upcoming changes to prevent associated exposures, providing timely high quality plan review services for medium complexity changes to ensure that proper loss prevention considerations are achieved at the design stage.
Knowledge & Skills
- Engineering degree educated (chemical, mechanical or civil) with a minimum of 5-year experiences.
- Loss prevention background.
- Self-starter, problem-solving oriented and solution provider mindset, along with a genuine desire to bring about risks’ improvement.
- High attention to details, organizational skills, strong analytical thinker with logical application.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal: listening, negotiation and presentation skills are essential.
- Fluency in Turkish & English - written & oral. Other European languages would be a plus.
- The role requires travelling mainly in an assigned geographical area, but also throughout the operation territory and ocasionally, to the FM Global HQ in the USA.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your application (with CV and Application Letter) directly to Cécile Malary (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Caroline Bouchery (email@example.com) in the Human Resources Department.
Closing Date for Applications: July 31st, 2022