Production Underwriter AFMUnderwriting/Reinsurance Job ID 2023-13803 Primary Location: Bayern, Germany 01/30/2024
FM Global is one of the world's largest risk management and industrial property insurance companies. With 76 offices in over 60 countries, FM Global insures more than one-third of the FORTUNE 1000 companies as well as leading international corporations against risks.
Our AFM department is growing which is why we have one new opening for a Production Underwriter (all genders) to be part of the AFM team based in Bavaria (e.g. Munich, etc.). We are looking for a property insurance professional to manage and develop a growing portfolio of mid-market business in Germany. If you enjoy both the marketing of insurance products/services as well as underwriting and risk analysis, this Production Underwriter position is ideal for you!
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and growing a profitable portfolio of business within an assigned territory. This includes marketing of AFM products and loss prevention engineering services and developing/maintaining long term relationships with a selected group of brokers.
- Responsibilities include risk selection, rating and pricing, terms and conditions, capacity commitment, reinsurance placement, policy construction, loss control needs and ongoing account management. This will include presenting to and negotiating with brokers and customers.
- After extensive training, the Production Underwriter is expected to work with minimal supervision while carrying an above average workload, be capable of developing saleable alternatives for ourcustomer’s unique requirements and professionally represent AFM as the “property insurer of choice” in the marketplace.
- Accounts handled are primarily Germany headquartered. Overnight travel will be required as necessary for training purposes, internal meetings, and as needed in the production underwriter role to meet brokers and clients in person. Training will be provided on-the-job and in Frankfurt and/or North America.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, finance, or equivalent.
- Proven (minimum 3 years) sales/underwriting experience within the industry with exposure to commercial property accounts of varying occupancies and sizes.
- Working knowledge of AFM’s business including an understanding of risk identification and assessment, loss prevention and property insurance coverage, financial statements, and business computer applications, including MS Office products is required.
- Suitable candidates possess skills in time management, problem solving, sales/negotiation, and leadership as well as the ability to establish a network of producers and industry contacts.
- The successful candidate will be creative, detail-oriented, bring a willingness to learn and have excellent communication skills.
- Language skills required: German and English, both fluent.
What we offer you:
- Company car also for private use.
- JobTicket valid for the entire RMV area (for employees in Frankfurt).
- 100% employer-funded company pension plan and other social benefits such as group accident insurance and term life insurance.
- 30 vacation days as well as additional days off.
- Fitness Reimbursement.
- Capital-forming benefits.
- Continuous education and training measures.
- Flexible working hours.
We are looking forward to receiving your application! If you are interested in the role, please click on 'Apply for this job online'.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center