Account Engineering Assistant
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Account Engineering Assistant’s main responsibility is to assist Account Engineers in maximizing their time with our customers. They will develop positive relationships with clients and brokers, as well as with Account Engineers and Engineering managers.
The Account Engineering Assistant will develop excellent working relationships and understanding of the role of the Account Engineers. They will also work closely with the Group Manager of Account Engineering (GMAE) and with clients and brokers.
- Request, maintain and follow up as necessary on engineering servicing for locations requiring risk evaluation/assessment
- Ensure timely delivery of products and services to new and existing clients
- Support account engineering efforts to achieve meaningful risk improvement
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of engineering documentation to client
- Generate and compile information for Account Engineering use during presentations and meetings
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries and/or direct to appropriate personnel
- Experience: 2+ years’ experience supporting a work group and/or manager, preferably in an insurance or related work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to get along with various levels of the engineering teams as well as with clients and brokers
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated ability to produce work with high level of data quality and accuracy
- Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills as well as problem solving capability
- Customer oriented and able to work well in teams!
- Outstanding technical skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.