Business Administrative Manager
We connect people, processes and technologies. We enable strategy, empower business, and create value for clients, partners and employees. That's what makes Technology at FM Global so exciting. We build resilience and security into all aspects of our technology infrastructure which is the cornerstone from which all other services are provided.
What makes a successful Information Technology employee at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
NATURE IS NOT PREDICTABLE. OUR TECHNOLOGY NEEDS TO BE.
For our 1,800 engineers helping protect our clients' businesses against potential disaster, the ability to reliably transact business from anywhere in the world is critical. That's what makes designing IT systems at FM Global so exciting. My colleagues and I build innovative mobile solutions that ensure critical loss prevention information is never more than a click away. This commitment to protecting our clients' businesses from loss through advanced technology solutions is why I choose to work at FM Global.George — Information Technology Manager — Employee Since 1995
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our management team in the branch office of our San Francisco Operations! As the Business Administrative Manager, you will be responsible for managing various administration functions within the Branch office. This is including handling day to day support and coordination with all department managers based in the Bellevue, WA., office. The Business Administrative Manager will be responsible for developing internal communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation. Ensures cost effective use of supplies, equipment and office space while adhering to FM Global’s purchasing policies and procedures. Serves as a local contact for employees and is responsible for calling out issues to the relevant function or manager.
The Business Administrative Manager contributes to the success of the Bellevue office by managing administrative functions to ensure cost-effective use of personnel, equipment, and office space.
- Responsible for the administrative support function for the branch office which includes managing a team of direct reports providing various administrative duties in support of the operations and management team.
- Ensures that facilities and resources necessary for the office are available and maintained in accordance with company and safety policies. Coordinates office moves, space needs, supplies and equipment. Designated as the main contact with landlord for office and building issues. Assure all locally sourced 3rd party support, service and supply contracts are reviewed annually and renegotiated, as necessary. Consult with management on Operations and Branch office requirements.
- Maintains office administration processes and procedures and communicates to all employees. Coordinates internal communications including local announcements for new hires, promotions, and office events such as annual health fairs, annual meeting activities (e.g., kick-offs, mid-year and year end events); building safety, tour of local offices, coordination of office space for new employee and local badge; acts as liaison to local security on employee badges and new hire equipment requirements. Assist with the collection of equipment for employees exiting the company.
- Under the guidance of the Risk Management function, this individual will coordinate and be the main point of contact for management of environmental, health and safety for the Operations / Branch office. Responsibilities include participating on the local safety committee, coordinating emergency evacuations, office closings, and communications, coordinating and procuring safety equipment; facilitating ergonomics support; and local coordination of Workers Compensation (or local equivalent program) and AED/first aid/CPR local program management. Coordinates efforts to support management of the Branch office in accordance with FM Global standards, safe working environment for employees, visitors, and contractors, Coordinates reporting and record keeping to ensure country/state and corporate requirements are met.
- Supports an inclusive workplace where all employees feel a sense of belonging, including listening to employees, building community, and supporting a respectful workplace. Acts as a resource to provide local information and triages employee issues and refers them to the designated HRBP or the respective department such as payroll, benefits, travel, etc. Also, acts as a liaison to the corporate finance team on behalf of the operations manager on budget and expenses and local fleet management oversight.
- Where applicable in region, collaborate with the Business Resource Group (BRG) Committee Leads to advocate for location-specific inclusion events and initiatives as part of a division-wide BRG plan. Support local coordination, execution, and communication with employees. Ensure initiatives align with Operations' business cycles to minimize disruptions. Measure and report metrics associated with initiatives and events
- Other duties that may be assigned based on local regulatory or managerial needs.
- Minimum of high school degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Seven years of relevant business experience which includes use of leadership and management experience
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid intuition for business and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills with ability to multitask and manage a wide variety of tasks and projects with effective results
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Strong leadership and managerial ability
- Ability to influence all levels of the organization
- Current knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, practices, and procedures
- Proven decision-making skills and ability to work with strict timelines
- Management experience is a plus
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.