Field Engineering Assistant I
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Consultant Engineer at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
I PLAY A PART IN BUILDING A BRIGHT FUTURE THAT CAN WEATHER ANY STORM.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.Gabriel — Engineering Specialist — Employee Since 2007
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The primary role is to organize and schedule loss prevention visits for field engineers. The candidate will support the timely delivery of field engineering services in our geographic territory, by working closely with the work assignment consultant as well as other engineering assistants. This role requires someone with strong interpersonal skills, who can communicate clearly with various levels of the engineering teams and with clients and brokers. The candidate may also be asked to support other office engineering functions.
Contributes to the analysis and improvement of client risk by scheduling risk visits, following up on risk report recommendations, and supporting various engineering project activities. In many cases, this is the first contact that local site managers have with FM Global/AFM. Incumbents require strong customer service skills and interact with clients and brokers daily.
Provides management support data to Group Manager of Field Engineering by creating and maintaining databases, spreadsheets, and other systems, and identifying and analyzing trends which aid in the monitoring of individual engineer and team performance.
Increase the GMFE’s efficiency by monitoring engineers’ workload, resolving scheduling problems, ensuring all client commitments are met, examining timeliness and expense reports for problems and following up with engineers as needed to maintain work priorities.
Works closely with other engineering processing staff to achieve overall results as needed. This may include assisting with report processing and assisting other field engineering management.
- Organize and schedule loss prevention site visits with clients, via phone or e-mail, for a group of engineers.
- Create and distribute visit agendas.
- Follow-up with clients regarding risk improvement efforts, as requested by the field engineers.
- Run reports and compile statistics and performance measurements.
- Complete additional duties, as assigned, which support the engineering department.
- College degree preferred, required High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of administrative experience supporting a work group and/or manager
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Superior technical skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Customer Oriented and able to work well in teams
- We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
- FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.