At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Consultant Engineer at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
I PLAY A PART IN BUILDING A BRIGHT FUTURE THAT CAN WEATHER ANY STORM.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.Gabriel — Engineering Specialist — Employee Since 2007
More information about this job:
The Consultant Engineer position is an entry level position for field engineering and will receive comprehensive training in all of the various phases of office and field engineering work. This training is conducted in Europe but also in the USA. All work is typically conducted under close supervision. The Consultant Engineer will initially spend much time trailing others and being trailed in the field.
- Conduct on-site loss prevention evaluations that identify all reasonably foreseeable physical and human element exposures for Fire, Boiler and Machinery as well as Natural Hazards
- Accurately quantify exposures at client locations to assure that the Account Team places an appropriate level of attention on the exposure
- Obtain local client understanding and agreement on the hazards/exposures discovered and their potential business impact
- Achieve practical, effective on-site risk improvement at client locations
- Illustrate the value-added differential of FM Global engineering capabilities
- Accurately communicate the hazard and risk
- Master’s degree in engineering or Applied Science or equivalent
- Relevant work experience is preferred
- Strong verbal and written skills, in Dutch, French and English
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Efficient time management competency with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license.