Subrogation SpecialistClaims, Other Careers Job ID 2023-13119 Primary Location: Creve Coeur, Missouri Additional Location(s): , ; , 05/29/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Claims group has an immediate opening for a Subrogation Specialist. This position can be located in any FM Global office in USA and Canada.
This position will be responsible for the subrogation recovery process involving claims that have been identified to have subrogation potential. The Subrogation Specialist will be responsible for handling subrogation claims involving property damage throughout their respective territory / country. He/She will conduct the investigation, pursuit, negotiation, and settlement of claims against responsible third parties. An understanding of property insurance coverage and prior property subrogation claims experience is preferred. They will work closely with internal Claims personnel and clients to understand all relevant information to support proper subrogation activities.
- The Subrogation Specialist will complete all internal and external training programs as required for professional development to appropriately handle limited to moderate subrogation losses up to $500,000 in order to maximize recovery for the company and client. Have basic knowledge of laws that govern insurance claims by keeping current on critical case laws, statutes, and trends in the field of subrogation. They will identify potential target(s), review liability, assess damages, and negotiate settlements. With the assistance of oversight, they evaluate the claim to decide if it should be referred to arbitration, suit or collections.
- Coordinates with the claims adjuster to gather necessary information upon which to secure and properly proceed with subrogation handling. The Subrogation Specialist will prioritize and appropriately document activities for recovery including the conversations with all parties related to the claim, in-coming and out-going correspondence, file updates, subrogation analysis, file resolution recommendations, applicable state negligence laws and statutes by maintaining a handling diary to track progression of the file.
- Can demonstrate good quality communication skills with a strong phone presence in communication with company clients, attorneys, and law enforcement agencies. Must be able to handle difficult conversations and exhibit conflict management skills. All communication must maintain a reputation of professionalism, courtesy, and respect.
- Written communication is essential for providing internal updates to Claims Manager Written, Claims Subrogation Manager and potentially other company personnel and external communications with company clients, attorneys and law enforcement agencies. The Subrogation Specialist will be responsible for preparing claims demands for inter-company proceedings or legal action in coordination with Staff Counsel and Outside Counsel as needed.
- The incumbent will stay up to date with insurance policy updates, claims procedures, adjustment practices and technological requirements.
- As an active member of the Claims Organization the incumbent will have the ability to work within a team environment in a positive and cooperative manner. Must be production and results oriented and consistently perform at or above given goals to include recovery, file quality and resolution timeliness.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Jurisdictional education requirements or equivalent job experience.
- Depending upon state mandates, adjuster licensing could be required for this position.
A minimum of 1 year of claims and property subrogation handling
- Proficient use of MS Office programs
- Prior experience working in FM Global claims preferred.
- Must be organized and possess the ability to make quick and sound recommendations,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Has a fundamental understanding of claims and subrogation procedures.
The hiring range for this position is $76,200 to $128,600. The final salary offer will vary based on individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with FM Global in the U.S. and a condition of FM Global office entry in Canada. Further, all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing onsite for open positions, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center