At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Engineer at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Flexibility & Achieving Change
- Gets Results
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
Sr. Consultant engineer
employee since 2007
I play a part in building a bright future that can weather any storm.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Depending on your role, we offer a company vehicle to suit your traveling needs.
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
As Certification Manager for FM Approvals Europe Ltd., a new Notified Body being established in Ireland, your main responsibility will be the daily management and support of the FM Approvals certification activities (ATEX primarily). In addition to this, key responsibilities of the role will include:
Responsibilities - External:
- Maintaining the technical and professional integrity of the certification process
- Working closely with the rest of FM Approvals to ensure awareness and understanding of regulatory issues that could impact the products which FM Approvals tests and certifies
- Performing quality audits within Europe, as needed
- Contributing to business development
Qualifications - External:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in engineering, ideally in electrical engineering
- At least 8 -10 years working experience in product testing and certification or related field
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentations
- Strong project management skills
- Results driven, with the ability to develop and implement business plans
- Ability to work with customers (manufacturers of loss prevention products)
- Additional languages and experience as Certification Manager would be advantageous