Business Development Engineer (m/f/d)Engineering, Engineering - Other Job ID 2023-12776 Primary Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany, Paris, France, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Dublin, Ireland Additional Location(s): Paris La Defense Cedex, ; Amsterdam, ; Dublin, 02/16/2023
More information about this job:
FM Approvals is a member of the FM Global Group.
FM Approvals is an international leader in third-party testing and certification services. We test and certify property loss prevention products and services—for use in commercial and industrial facilities—to verify they meet rigorous loss prevention standards of quality, technical integrity and performance. How? By employing a worldwide certification process that’s backed by scientific research and testing, and over a century of experience.
Based in Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Dublin or Paris and reporting to the Manager New Business EMEA, the Business Development Approvals Engineer will be primarily responsible for assisting FM Approvals in expanding the availability of FM Approved products which are locally available and serviced and accepted by local jurisdictions
- You will be responsible for developing new business and sales of certification services for loss prevention technologies
- These efforts are including the development of short- and long-term marketing strategies, plans and tools for expanding into selected product categories and regions
- You will identify prospects through various channels, including presentations, participation in trade shows, associations, market education and influencing activities
- Another essential part of the role is also developing and maintaining relationship with local authorities, trade associations, standard committees and manufacturers of loss prevention products and systems, understand their needs, decision processes and criteria
- Furthermore, you will monitor and influence national and international standards development
- Finally, is the product specific support to risk prevention engineering part of this role.
- This role will require regular travel within Germany, Europe and Turkey and occasionally other countries worldwide. Expected travel is roughly 35%.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in engineering, preferably civil engineering, fire protection, mechanical or electrical engineering
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience, preferably in the building/construction industry, loss prevention risk engineering, product management or certification
- Language fluency in English
- Knowledge of national and international loss prevention product certification standards is desirable
- Effective listening skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills (including facilitating and presenting) with the ability to convey capabilities and key messages effectively and efficiently.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, company car, pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more! The overall compensation and benefits package which will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on candidate's experience and location.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center