Business Development Executive
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Achieve the allocated new business objectives, selling directly to prospective clients and in conjunction with brokers. Lead all client service team activity on prospects – coordinating activities, establishing deadlines, confirming results and resolving disagreements.Achieve new business objectives as established by the Division Sales Manager/Assistant Division Sales Manager to include:
- New business premium and the percent direct quota
- The stated quote/success ratio
- The number of face-to-face prospect calls per month
- Call Plans, Strategy Development and Client Service Plans
- Establish call plans and complete call reports in the CRM/CSS. Review all strategic calls with the DSM.
- Initiate Sales and Client Service Strategy documents in CRM/CSS for all prospects under development and keep up to date.
- Lead the client service team to develop a draft Client Service Plan in conjunction with the client for Best Few prospects. The Client Service Plan should include agreed risk improvement action items with associated time frames.
- File all proposals, meeting presentations and other pertinent documents in CRM/CSS.
- Develop and deliver a high quality new business proposal for each prospect quoted. Each proposal should:
- Affirm the value
- Confirm the details
- Include a focus on People/Process/Plan
- Articulate the value of a risk improvement plan and the agreed risk improvement action items
All proposals should be filed in CRM/CSS.
- Keep prospect information in CRM/CSS current, accurate and updated as new information is developed during the sales process. Identify and qualify the stated number of new prospects established by the DSM. Move a sufficient number of prospects through the sales process to adequately fill the In Funnel and Best Few categories.
- Develop an Annual Sales Business Plan each year that details the prospects targeted to deliver the upcoming year’s objective and outlines activities, such as cold calls, mailing campaigns and face to face meetings, to qualify prospects and move Above Funnel, In Funnel and Best Few prospects down through the sales funnel to secure the relationship. Assist the Division Sales Manager/Assistant Division Sales Manager in developing the Sales Forecast as part of the annual Finance Budget Process.
- Maintain an active involvement in the local insurance community (RIMS, CPCU, CII, SFPE, AMRAE etc.) by participating in meetings, conferences and appearing at industry related functions.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of competitors’ products, services, and current pricing strategy and provide feedback to the Division Sales Manager/Assistant Division Sales Manager on competitor practices.
Bachelors Degree; CPCU, ACII experience or advanced degree in business, marketing or engineering desirable.
3 + years in the Insurance Industry
Excellent interpersonal skills. Knowledge of: property forms, HPR engineering, competitors and brokers. Demonstrate potential sales ability, presentation and negotiation skills. Proficiency with computers and associated software such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Capable of using the internet and company intranet for reference and research.
*Bilingual in German and English required