Consultant Engineer for the Chemical Industry (all genders)
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
At FM Global, we work with many of the world’s largest organizations to help protect their commercial and industrial property against threats. Our field engineers specialize in a wide range of disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, chemical, civil and industrial engineering, as well as fire protection.
What makes a successful Consultant Engineer at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
I PLAY A PART IN BUILDING A BRIGHT FUTURE THAT CAN WEATHER ANY STORM.
Many times, the safety of entire communities is influenced by our work. On one project in Florida, I worked with a client to make sure a critical 911 communications facility would be operable during and after a Category 5 hurricane. Advising them on things like how to protect vital generator systems and helping them make costeffective design decisions, I had a hand in building something truly substantial. In the end, our client was happy to have a partner that understood and worked with them to meet their unique needs.Gabriel — Engineering Specialist — Employee Since 2007
More information about this job:
Consultant Engineers for the Chemical Industry will interact with FM Global clients within the Chemical industry. Experienced engineers will use their expertise to consult with clients to protect their facilities against mechanical and electrical breakdowns, fire and many other hazards. As a Consultant Engineer for the Chemical Industry, you will develop strong client relationships to advise on risks associated with client businesses as well as develop and implement risk improvement strategies. The successful applicant can be located anywhere in Germany.
- Evaluate the integrity and reliability of equipment, identify hazards and deficiencies. Deliver focused risk improvement solutions to reduce property and business interruption risks.
- Utilize Operating Standards, Data Sheets and guides to provide risk guidance and implement best practices.
- Prepare engineering risk reports to support risk improvement.
- Collaborate with operations engineering, client services, account management and underwriting on loss prevention recommendations.
- Engineers will work from remote and from the office. They must be able to manage their time and work independently with minimal supervision.
- This is a field-based role and will require travel to large, complex industrial client sites to evaluate the operations and systems of the site and identify risks and hazards. Expected overnight travel is 30% - 50% (D-A-CH region and Eastern Europe).
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering with minimum 3 years work experience in the chemical industry (e.g. process engineer, operator, maintenance, etc.)
- Demonstrates experience in understanding complex industrial processes along with hands on exposure.
- Candidates will possess strong verbal and written communication skills in German and English.
- Candidates must be analytical, organized and have good problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- A valid driver’s license is required.