Senior Production Underwriter (all genders)Underwriting/Reinsurance, Other Careers Job ID 2022-12136 Primary Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany 12/13/2022
More information about this job:
AFM is growing in the course of which we have two new openings for a Production Underwriter to be part of the AFM team based in Germany, preferably in Frankfurt , Munich or Hamburg, whereas other cities may also be considered.. We are looking for a property insurance professional to manage and develop a growing portfolio of mid-market business in Germany. If you enjoy both the marketing of insurance products/services as well as underwriting and risk analysis, this Production Underwriter position is for you!
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and growing a profitable portfolio of business within an assigned territory. This includes marketing of AFM products and loss prevention engineering services, and developing/maintaining long term relationships with a select group of brokers.
Responsibilities include risk selection, rating and pricing, terms and conditions, capacity commitment, reinsurance placement, policy construction, loss control needs and ongoing account management. This will include presenting to and negotiating with brokers and customers. After extensive training, the Production Underwriter is expected to work with minimal supervision while carrying an above average workload, be capable of developing saleable alternatives for our customer’s unique requirements and professionally represent AFM as the “property insurer of choice” in the marketplace.
Accounts handled are primarily Germany headquartered. Overnight travel will be required as necessary for training purposes, internal meetings, and as needed in the production underwriter role to meet brokers and clients in person.
Training will be provided on-the-job and in Frankfurt and/or North America.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or finance or equivalent.
- Proven (minimum 3 years) sales/underwriting experience within the industry with exposure to commercial property accounts of varying occupancies and sizes.
- Working knowledge of AFM’s business including an understanding of risk identification and assessment, loss prevention and property insurance coverage, financial statements and business computer applications, including MS Office products is required.
- Suitable candidates possess skills in time management, problem solving, sales/negotiation, and leadership as well as the ability to establish a network of producers and industry contacts.
- The successful candidate will be creative, detailed oriented, a willingness to learn and have excellent communication skills.
- Language skills required: German and English, both fluent.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center