Frankfurt am Main, Germany
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Based in Frankfurt and reporting to the Assistant Client Service Manager, the successful applicant will support Account Managers within the Client Service Team. This role focuses on the development of technical underwriting skills and the eventual assumption of responsibility for small to midsize accounts. The role will also involve processing duties.
- Assimilate knowledge and capability to understand and underwrite industrial risks
- Provide technical support to Account Managers including value validation, reinsurance placement, account correspondence, MFL management, catastrophe aggregate analysis and cross liability checks, policy issuance among others
- Work within specific Client Service Teams
- Attend CS101, 201 & 301 and other underwriting training seminars
- Interact directly with clients, brokers and home office at team’s discretion
- Independently manage and process small to midsize accounts under supervision
- Lead special projects at Assistant Client Service Manager, Client Service Manager and Account Manager discretion
- Apprenticeship in commercial sector or Bachelor in Underwriting and 3+ years of work experience within insurance company
- Direct Sales, Customer and Team leading experience a plus
- Work experience with Processing and Client Service Team advantageous
- Further education in engineering and/or Underwriting
- Strong organizational and numeric skill
- Ability to quickly understand technical and insurance concepts
- Hard-worker with capability to shift priorities flexible as needed
- Detailed and quality oriented with strong analytical skills
- Dedicated team player and excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working with little supervision
- Fluent in both, German & English - written & oral