Underwriter (m/f/d)Underwriting/Reinsurance, Other Careers Job ID 2023-12772 Primary Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany 01/23/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Based in Frankfurt and reporting to the Client Service Manager, the successful applicant will support Account Managers within the Client Service Team. This role focuses on the development of technical underwriting skills and the eventual assumption of responsibility for small to midsize accounts. The role will also involve processing duties.
- As an Underwriter you will understand the property insurance business of our global clients and build the capability to comprehend and underwrite industrial risks.
- After comprehensive internal and external training you will underwrite and perform quality control for industrial property insurance business for complex accounts with worldwide exposures.
- You will provide technical support to Account Managers including value validation, reinsurance placement, account correspondence, maximum foreseeable loss management, catastrophe aggregate analysis and cross liability checks, policy issuance among others.
- Furthermore, you will assist in negotiations and exchanges on pricing topics with clients and brokers in close coordination with the Account Management team.
- In this role you will also independently manage and process small to midsize accounts under supervision and contribute to ensure consistent underwriting quality and pricing standards and will work within specific Client Service Teams and will interact directly with clients and brokers.
- Finally, you will participate in working groups, expert groups, internal and external training, workshops and reviews as well as leading special project.
- Bachelor in Economics/Insurance/Finance or Engineering
- Ideally 2+ years of work experience within insurance company
- Fluent in both, German & English - written & oral
- Detailed and quality oriented with strong analytical skills as well as strong organizational and numeric skills
- Dedicated team player and excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working with little supervision
- Ability to quickly understand technical and insurance concepts
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center