You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
The Frankfurt Operations Claims Department is looking for a proactive and resourceful individual to join the team as a Loss Adjuster.
This role will involve investigating and settling complex multi-million dollar claims in an equitable manner to the satisfaction of the Insured and FM Global in the territory of Frankfurt Operations. You will be immersed in an environment that will challenge you to work quickly and effectively, in order to get our clients back into business with the minimum of disruption, while you assist the Insured in salvage, restoration of production, claims preparation and subrogation.
Responsibilities - External:
- Handle losses in all industries throughout the territory of Frankfurt Operations
- Support the Insured returning to business by organizing mitigation activities
- Investigate, negotiate, settle and pay claims within your authority in accordance with the FM Global Insurance Policies (ProVisio/FMGA)
- Maintain rapport with the Insured / broker to reach an equitable settlement as promptly as possible
- Document loss information in FM Global’s Claims and Finance systems
- Determine subrogation opportunities and initiate legal activities
- Assist the account teams in establishing and maintaining long term relationships with clients
- Be a policy expert, provide policy workshops to existing and prospect clients
Qualifications - External:
- Bachelor or Master in Engineering and 3+ years of work experiences or equivalent qualifications
- A high-level business understanding of FM Global is required
- Fluent in both, German & English - written & oral, additional language would be an advantage
- Full Microsoft Office literacy
- Strong interpersonal skills including negotiating, consulting, intercultural, and excellent communication skills
- Dedicated team player
- Additionally, must be organized and possess the ability to make quick and sound recommendations