Forensic Claims Accountant - DallasClaims, Other Careers Job ID 2022-12575 Primary Location: Frisco, Texas 11/16/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
FM Global has an exciting opportunity for a Forensic Claims Accountant position, to join the Dallas Operations Claims team in Frisco, TX.
This role provides loss forensic accounting consulting services for losses of up to $1,000,000 net of deductible to FM Global adjusters in support of their handling of FM Global’s client losses. This includes providing a quick overview of a client‘s time element submission to adjusters and claims examiners on losses to help validate the amount claimed. They will also meet with the client to measure the client’s loss under the terms and conditions of the insurance policy and present their measure to the claims examiner or adjuster for purposes of accurately reserving the time element exposure. This may involve additional meetings with the client and/or their claims preparers to resolve any differences in how the loss has been measured.
This role transfers specific accounting knowledge and skills to claims examiners, adjusters, and operations personnel. This can be during specific requests on individual losses or client service team requests. It can also be in support of formal adjuster training, both at the Claims operations and corporate claims training levels.
When the client’s reported values are significantly under or over-reported based on the developed measure of loss, you will advise the assigned claims examiner or adjuster of this difference for notification of the client service team. Additional work to validate accurate values may be requested
The position is primarily office based with required field work. The candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and must be willing to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Engages with clients and/or their claims preparers. This is to measure the recoverable time element loss under the policy when requested by operations claims managers, adjusters, or claims examiners.
- Meets with clients and/or their assigned claims preparers. This is to assist the adjusters/claims examiners in resolving differences between the claim and our measure of recoverable loss.
- Serves as an expert resource to claims examiners and adjusters in their development of time element reserves and exposures. Resulting in improved reserves and an increased ability to quickly settle smaller time element losses.
- Acts as subject matter experts in the areas of Understanding the Business, Financial Analysis, Business Continuity, and other business-related topics. This will assist the claims examiners and adjusters in quantifying the recoverable loss more accurately.
- Delivers accounting training both in formal claims classroom settings and more locally at the operations claims offices. The training courses will include such topics to further demonstrate the portfolio of value-adding services that FM Global can deliver.
- Provides feedback to the assigned claims examiner or adjuster when the measure of the recoverable loss suggests that reports of values are significantly over or understated for notification of the client service team.
- Assists the adjusters in calculating the dollar value of deductibles that are based on a percentage of the value at risk.
- Assists adjusters in the physical count and accurate pricing of an inventory losses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Economic or Finance
- MBA or professional business qualification preferred!
4+ years of commercial experience, including the following:
- Financial management and/or analysis
- Experience of business and operational strategy
- Consulting or professional services advisory
- Commercial awareness, communication, business analysis, financial accounting, management accounting, and financial analysis skills
- Presentation, problem solving, creativity, project management, consulting skills
- Relationship management, business, research, report-writing, and computer literacy
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center