Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Agile Coach promotes the Agile mindset and acts as an effective change agent for Agile teams to improve the effectiveness of development and business efforts by facilitating improved Agile adoption and maturity across the enterprise.
- Works to help transform an entire portfolio by observing, evaluating, and implementing changes to solve organizational and cultural impediments.
- Develops strategies to enable the agile transformation of a program or a portfolio while implementing best practices across the enterprise.
- Coach and mentor teams, TE Chapter leads and other Scrum Masters as needed, in lean-Agile mindset and practices empowering the teams to deliver business value early and often.
- On an organizational level, promotes an Agile mindset, and supports Agile chapter in Agile adoption and implementations.
- Practices servant leadership focusing on the needs of the team and those they serve, with the goal of achieving results in line with the organization’s values, principles, and business objectives.
- Acts as mentor, teacher, trainer or coach to teams, Product Owners and Scrum Masters helping to develop an Agile mindset, business value, and Agile at scale.
- Helps teams manage and optimize the flow of value across multiple teams using various Agile frameworks, tools, and information radiators.
- Collaborates with other Coaches on developing, aligning and maintaining team standards, performance metrics, tools, and best practices, including working agreements, definition of done, and definition of ready
- Participates and promotes a Community of Practice; shares knowledge and experience with Agile Chapter through presentations, discussions, and activities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science would be nice to have
- One or more Agile certifications e.g. CSM, CSPO, CSP, PSM, PSPO, SSM, SA or similar
- 6 plus years of combined experience working in complex Lean-Agile environment supporting multiple teams and dependencies in an enterprise organization using Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- 2 plus years of experience as a Scrum Master and Sr. Scrum Master working with multiple teams in a complex environment
- 2 plus years of experience as an Agile Coach working with multiple Scrum Masters and Coaches
- 1 plus year of experience working in scaling Agile environment using SAFe or similar frameworks
- Experience working with Agile tools e.g. Jira, Rally, ADO, VersionOne, etc.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in Lean & Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Thorough understanding of one or more Agile @ Scale frameworks – e.g. SAFe, LeSS, S@S, etc.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills: ability to facilitate teams through tough conversations and maintain a positive and supportive team environment.
- Able to challenge and remove team, organizational and/or cultural impediments promoting and supporting change that increases the Scrum teams’ productivity.
- Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue – strong facilitator.
- Agile champion, promoter, and easy to work with coach.
- Able to create, teach and help teams maintain Agile performance metrics like Velocity, Lead/Cycle Time, Technical Debt, Automation, etc.
- Passionate about change and continuous improvement; willing to challenge status quo