Agile CoachAgile, Information Technology Job ID 2022-12198 Johnston, Rhode Island 07/23/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Agile Coach is a dynamic leader who has strong and relevant Agile experience. They are passionate about helping teams and leaders deliver business agility and better business outcomes. They promote the Agile mindset and act as an effective change agent across the organization. This is to improve the effectiveness of business and development efforts by facilitating improved Agile adoption and maturity across the enterprise.
Works to help transform an entire portfolio by observing, evaluating, and implementing changes to solve organizational and cultural impediments.
Applies knowledge of common Agile and technical practices. Uses creativity and critical thinking skills to develop emerging practices that best optimize the operating system and help the portfolio stay connected to enterprise strategy.
Develops strategies to design and enable the Agile transformation of a program or a portfolio. Also, while implementing strategy best practices through a combination of visions, roadmaps, OKRs and work hierarchy across the enterprise.
Practices servant leadership focusing on the needs of those they serve, with the goal of achieving results in line with the organization’s values, principles, and business objectives.
Recognizes every individual, team, and organization is unique and seeks to develop a structure and change approach that is optimized for each situation.
Promotes a continuous learning culture in the role of mentor, teacher, trainer or coach to Leaders, Teams, Product Owners, Chapter Leads and Scrum Masters. This will be helping to develop a Lean-Agile mindset, practices empowering the teams to deliver business value early and often, and building Agile at scale.
Helps teams manage and optimize the flow of value across multiple teams using various Agile frameworks, tools, and information radiators.
Develops and implements ideas based upon experience scaling multi team products, programs and or projects.
Collaborates with other Coaches on developing, aligning, and maintaining team standards, performance metrics, tools, and best practices. Including working agreements, definition of done, and definition of ready.
Participates and promotes a Community of Practice. Shares knowledge and experience with the Agile Chapter through presentations, discussions, and activities. Supports the Agile Chapter to assess and mature the capabilities of the organization.
- 6 plus years of combined experience working in complex Lean-Agile environment supporting multiple teams and dependencies in an enterprise organization using Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- 2 plus years experience as a Scrum Master and Sr. Scrum Master working with multiple teams in a complex environment
- 2 plus years of experience as an Agile Coach working across a broad community of portfolio, Chapter, Team, Scrum Master, Coach and Centers of Excellence stakeholders.
- 1 plus year of experience working in scaling Agile environment using SAFe or similar frameworks
- Experience designing and implementing PI planning events, ARTs, Lean Portfolio Management, Shared Services
- Experience working with Agile tools e.g. Jira, Rally, ADO, VersionOne, etc.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in Lean & Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Detailed understanding of one or more scaled agile frameworks – e.g. SAFe, LeSS, Scrum@Scale, etc.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills. Ability to facilitate teams through tough conversations and maintain a positive and encouraging team environment.
- Able to influence as well as tactfully challenge assumptions and decisions at any level of the organization.
- Able to challenge and remove team, organizational and/or cultural impediments promoting and supporting change that increases the Scrum teams’ efficiency.
- Able to identify and resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue.
- Agile champion, promoter, and easy to work with coach.
- Able to create, teach and help teams maintain Agile practices from story writing to PI planning and performance metrics like Velocity, Lead/Cycle Time, Technical Debt, Automation, etc. Able to create training content and facilitate training classes.
- Passionate about change and continuous improvement; willing to challenge status quo
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science would be a plus!
- One or more Agile certifications e.g. SPC, LPM, CSM, CSPO, CSP, PSM, PSPO, SSM, SA or similar
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center