Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
The Agile Coach promotes the Agile mindset and acts as an effective change agent for Agile teams to improve the effectiveness of development and business efforts by facilitating improved Agile adoption and maturity across the enterprise. Works to help transform an entire portfolio by observing, evaluating, and implementing changes to solve organizational and cultural impediments. Develops strategies to enable the agile transformation of a program or a portfolio while implementing best practices across the enterprise.
Qualifications - External:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of iterative or agile-like development experience
- One or more agile certifications is a plus (e.g. CSM, CSPO, CSP, PSM, PSPO)
- Experience with agile tools (e.g. Jira, Rally)
- Actively participates in the Agile Community as speakers, Meet-ups
- Knowledgeable about Agile principles and application
- Passionate about change and continuous improvement; willing to challenge status quo and dissent when needed, and not afraid to point out development areas and give constructive feedback
- Spike in influencing and building strong relationships with teams, peers and leaders
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills; adept at problem solving with team to analyze issues and opportunities to improve in working model, and align on path forward for action
- Energetic and skilled at engaging with different team members with different personalities
- Knowledge in mentoring and coaching Scrum Masters, developers, testers and product owners
- Ability to learn quickly and teach others by showing what worked and what didn’t
- Communicating in plain and articulated fashion to describe different ways of working