Assistant Payroll ManagerHuman Resources, Other Careers Job ID 2021-11202 Johnston, Rhode Island 10/14/2021
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Assistant Payroll Manager role will provide oversight to the payroll team as well as managing the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico payrolls while ensuring all tasks, reviews and required authorizations have been received and completed. Other areas of responsibilities include system integrations, pay slips, banking, taxes, time and attendance, reconciliations, general ledger, general deductions, system setup, testing and user acceptance testing.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of relevant multi-state and multi-country payroll experience (North America), payroll processing and system design and set up. Ideally, proficiency in processing in-house, full spectrum payroll for a multinational corporate business environment is preferred. Experience in cloud-based payroll processing systems is highly desirable.
- A combination of applicable education and payroll experience will be considered.
- •Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in automated multi state, and multi country (North America) payroll processing and system design and set up. (will consider candidates with less experience if at least 5 years in a supervisory role)
prior managerial/supervisory experience required
- Experience processing in-house, full spectrum payroll for large organization (3000+ employees)
- Experience in cloud-based payroll processing systems a plus
- Communicate payroll theories, policies and practices in understandable terms to employees and other key stakeholders.
- Partner as a trusted advisor on key initiatives and projects
- Maximize technological resources to enhance service delivery.
- Lead and manage change.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills, including conducting complex root cause analyses as needed.
- Plans in aligns effectively ensuring the inclusion of key stakeholders while prioritizing and focusing on achieving results and supporting business objectives
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of applicable local, state and federal regulations
- Financial and business acumen
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center