Assistant Vice President - CompensationHuman Resources, Other Careers Job ID 2022-12147 Johnston, Rhode Island 06/30/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
As an Assistant VP - Compensation, you'll be recognized as a trusted adviser with expertise in broad-based compensation and general knowledge of benefits, global mobility, and exec comp in order to represent the Total Rewards function on a client engagement team for assigned businesses or geographies.
- Consults with leaders for assigned businesses. Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions.
- Subject matter expert in broad-based compensation
- Ability to use expertise of other Total Reward team members (e.g., exec comp, global mobility, benefits) to provide comprehensive solutions to support business needs
- Ability to lead Total Reward projects and collaborate with other COEs regarding key initiatives
- Assesses effectiveness of compensation programs and legislative/regulatory developments
- Reviews compensation benchmarking and provides thought leadership to suggest innovative approaches
- Responsible for leading compensation design and communication/change management for one or more programs (e.g. career architecture and job evaluation, salary structures, incentive plan design, sales comp, OR recognition)
- Reviews job evaluations and offers at more senior levels, consults on complex compensation decisions and issues called out from HR Operations requiring resolution
- Prepares analysis and presentations for Board, CODC, and Sr management
- Informally mentors a Consultant supporting the team
- Four-year college degree; CCP certification desirable!
- Seven to ten years of broad experience in a Total Rewards environment where collaboration is essential to success
- Compensation design and strategy experience
- General knowledge of benefits, global mobility and executive compensation
- Business partner management skills
- Sophisticated communication and influencing skills with frequent interaction with senior business leaders
- Ability to lead change
- Experience managing and/or coaching
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center