Auditor/Senior AuditorFinance/Accounting - Audit, Accounting/Finance - Accounting, Other Careers Job ID 2022-12335 Primary Location: Johnston, Rhode Island 04/07/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Schedule & Location:
Hybrid schedule with an on-site in Johnston, RI 3 days one week, 2 days the next. Anchor day is Thursday. Potentially some travel for training or an occasional audit. 2-3 max per year. Usually within North America.
FM Global is looking for a driven and innovative individual to join our internal audit team. You will play an essential role on our team of skilled professionals charged with providing the Board, Audit Committee and Executive Management with an independent and objective view of the effectiveness of the company’s control environment, risk management and governance practices. You will provide valuable insights and act as a key resource to the team through in-depth knowledge and collaboration, acting as a steward of the internal audit profession to all areas of the Company.
Come join us! A career in internal audit offers a unique opportunity to understand different business process areas across a global engineering-based risk management and property insurance company.
- Build strong foundational knowledge in the following key areas that can be used to build and expand your professional career:
- importance of risk and controls to successful management of a business
- effective communication, including persuasion and negotiation
- critical thinking
- Performs innovated financial, compliance and operational audits for designated areas of FM Global’s businesses.
- Identify and document compliance with operating procedures and standards to support an assessment of adequacy of established controls.
- Prepares documentation of findings according to division standards for review by senior staff and/or management.
- Responsible for innovative use of communication tools and techniques to facilitate explaining difficult issues and establishing consensus between teams.
- Bachelor/University Degree in Accounting, Finance or another related field required
- Strong understanding of control procedures, audit techniques, computer systems, and general business operations
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
The hiring range for this position is $76,200 to $123,300 USD based on years of experience.
$76,200 to 109,500 for level 1 (3-5 years of experience) and $85,800 to $123,300 for level 2 (5-7 years of experience). The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center