Azure Senior Software Engineer
Johnston, Rhode Island
We connect people, processes and technologies. We enable strategy, empower business, and create value for clients, partners and employees. That's what makes Technology at FM Global so exciting. We build resilience and security into all aspects of our technology infrastructure which is the cornerstone from which all other services are provided.
What makes a successful Consultant Engineer at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
NATURE IS NOT PREDICTABLE. OUR TECHNOLOGY NEEDS TO BE.
For our 1,800 engineers helping protect our clients' businesses against potential disaster, the ability to reliably transact business from anywhere in the world is critical. That's what makes designing IT systems at FM Global so exciting. My colleagues and I build innovative mobile solutions that ensure critical loss prevention information is never more than a click away. This commitment to protecting our clients' businesses from loss through advanced technology solutions is why I choose to work at FM Global.George — Information Technology Manager — Employee Since 1995
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Join an agile development team at FM Global that designs, builds, and implements innovative applications that enable our multi-billion-dollar business. These teams expertly design and develop applications and services that provide critical data from our transactional systems to drive business processes throughout the company and for our customers.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Software Engineer with experience building scalable, secure solutions in Azure. The candidate will have experience in writing C#, Restful APIs and SQL knowledge.
This role will collaborate with business staff, IT colleagues and other stakeholders to evaluate defined complex business, functional & non-functional requirements. Then, assess available technologies, determine infrastructure, and recommend solution options. Incumbent will then design and build application solutions which may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
All of our roles are responsible for collaborating within an agile team, with a product owner, and solution architect to design and implement backend integration solutions that are scalable, performant, and incorporate a high level of automated tests. This role will operate within a dynamic team setting that relies on teamwork and individual contribution. Individuals will be expected to take on a variety of technical tasks and complete them successfully.
As Software Engineer you bring:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Dedication to delivery
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate openly within a fast-moving team
- A deep desire to learn and apply technology in a pragmatic way to create client value
- Experience designing and building systems that are maintainable, evolvable, and highly tested
- You will emphasize partnership and servant leadership within your team and the organization. You will collaborate with your team members to design and implement multi-tiered enterprise solutions that are feature-rich, performant, and maintain a high degree of test automation. You will actively participate and contribute to technical discussions and code reviews.
- You will work to enhance your skills and capabilities and those of other developers within your Agile chapter through experimentation, training, and knowledge transfer.
5+ Years’ experience designing, developing, implementing technology solutions with at least 2 years of developing solutions in Azure.
Experience developing solutions with and a strong command of the C# language. Experience developing transactional database solutions and a strong command of SQL.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Experience with .NET Core
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Experience developing REST based services with authentication within REST based services using OAuth or OpenID Connect
- Ability to effectively participate in peer code reviews, both as the reviewer and the reviewee
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Strong commitment to delivering
- Self-motivated to know the latest in development technologies, tools, and approaches and a desire to share this knowledge within teams and the broader organization.
Additional not required but preferred:
- Experience developing unit tests and integration tests
- Experience with API development
- Experience with API Management Tools
- Experience with event driven architecture
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related subject area.
Advanced degree and certification are desirable!
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.