Broker Experience SpecialistClient Service Job ID 2023-13735 Primary Location: Johnston, Rhode Island 09/18/2023
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000- size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This position plays a key role in coordinating service to brokers in connectivity, communication, culture, and education in all targeted areas of delivery. The role will support multilingual projects worldwide for the owner of the FM Global broker experience, with a marked focus on regional brokers which are at the heart of the mid-market and vertical business model. The position will develop and maintain these external and internal education and coordination platforms for the delivery of those projects which include multilingual in person engagement through onsite education (formal training classes), localized education (at international broker locations) and virtual education where in demand (Web based).
The role will have a heavy emphasis on supporting the strategy of increased leads in under-penetrated markets in coordination with leadership, Marketing, Claims, Staff Underwriting, Staff Engineering and the FM Global Academy. This will require assistance in the roll out of tailored product modifications (insurance and engineering) as per local broker and policyholder needs, and a fundamental review of our broker relationship management processes in Europe (marketing, education, remuneration, engagement, and tools). This includes the development, delivery, and update of materials to improve broker attendance and post-event follow-up in any of the broker experience sessions and internal forums. These communications will be focused on highlighting key messages from the sessions, guide the participants to additional resources, supervise their use of the skills/information learned in those sessions and encourage participation in future broker experiences and internal forums.
The role will also be responsible for synchronizing and presenting across the business to make them aware of brokers from their territory that have participated in broker experiences as well as developing, delivering, and updating materials that they can use to maintain and enhance their relationships with the participating brokers.
The role will support, on an as needed basis, the needs, and activities of the AFM Regional Managers and the Client Service and Market Relations department in their efforts to maintain and enhance relationships with the broker partners.
Brokers are critical partners of the FM Global Group and its policyholder/owners. Cultivating these relationships is one of the pillars of our corporate strategy. As a member of the Client Experience division, the position preserves and enhances the FM Global Group’s commitment to long term broker relationships, AFM broker centricity and client service development.
Schedule & Location:
This non-exempt (37.5 hours per week) position is office-based in Johnston, RI and follows a hybrid work model. 50% of work is to be completed on-site while there is some flexibility for remote work. Start and stop times are flexible. 10-20% of international travel throughout the year is required.
- Develop and maintain external and internal education and coordination platforms for the delivery of multilingual face to face engagement through onsite education (formal training classes), local education (at broker locations) and virtual education (Web based).
- Lead the coordination and end to end organization of account engineering, underwriting, consulting skills, engineering for underwriters and other internal forums for Production Underwriters and Account Engineers.
- Support our strategy of increased leads in under-penetrated markets in coordination with leadership, Marketing, Claims, Staff Underwriting, Staff Engineering and the FM Global Academy and the roll out of tailored product modifications, including the development, delivery, and update of materials to improve broker attendance and post-event follow-up in both broker experience sessions and internal forums.
- Synchronize and connect with AFM Offices and FM Operations to make them aware of brokers from their territory that have participated in broker experiences as well as develop, deliver, and update materials that they can use to maintain and enhance their relationships with the participating brokers.
- Support needs, and activities of the AFM Regional Managers and the Client Service and Market Relations department in their efforts to maintain and enhance relationships with the broker partners.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
Highly Preferred Education:
- A master’s degree is preferred.
- A focus in marketing is preferred.
Required Work Experience:
- 3+ years of related work experience is required.
Highly Preferred Work Experience:
- Marketing work experience is preferred !
- Firsthand experience handling broker relationship/education/marketing, delivering, and facilitating group learning in a classroom environment is preferred !
- Establishing broker in internal education coordination, scheduling, and implementation is preferred.
- Become up to speed about The FM Global Group’s operations, business model, products and services, target markets and relationship strategies.
- Develop skills in managing relationships with broker partners of all sizes and complexities.
- Develop skills in crafting presentations on a variety of topics and delivering those presentations to a wide array of audiences.
- Support skills in crafting classroom-style activities and facilitating group activities and discussions in several different styles conducive to the audience, venue, message, and desired outcome.
- Proven skills in working independently and remotely, while coordinating with various departments and operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Bilingual in German and/or French is highly preferred.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center