Business and Performance Metrics SpecialistInformation Services - Other, Information Technology Job ID 2022-12189 Johnston, Rhode Island 07/21/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This position is open to candidates seeking remote opportunities with travel to Headquarters located in Johnston, RI on a quarterly or monthly basis dependent on business needs.
The Business and Performance Metrics Specialist (BPM) is a strategic role in the Strategy and Business Enablement Division. The individual develops and measures operational and financial performance to drive high value outcomes from FM Global priority investments. The BPM collaborates with senior management, group leaders, and agile teams throughout the organization to align objectives and outcomes with our corporate strategy and purpose. The individual must also ensure compliance with standard processes, procedures, and best practices with a focus on continuous improvement.
As a key role in the metrics professionals team, the BPM establishes, coordinates, and manages performance metrics and analysis. The individual regularly communicates with mid-, upper-, and senior-level management on input, assumptions, and reporting across the metrics spectrum. The BPM facilitates and consults with teams to develop and cascade operational metrics from strategic to team levels. This role prepares and provides effective and efficient financial and performance metrics communication to partners at all organizational levels.
The individual provides input to senior management decision making by conducting complex financial analysis, interpreting results, and providing practical insights. The BPM collaborates with cross functional teams to highlight improvement opportunities through KPI visualization and routine measurement and iterative improvement of existing metrics. A key success factor is reinforcing financial and metrics best practices through training and education, plus coaching and mentoring the S&BE organization to help embed a metrics mentality.
The individual assists in budget and forecast data management, analysis, and creating financial reports. The individual develops, coordinates, and manages expense forecast projections and financial analysis at macro and micro levels. This will be for ongoing projects and business case proposals. This role also partners with Finance to support our shared financial reporting needs, e.g., asset capitalization, expense analysis.
8+ years’ experience in the following:
- Metrics, analysis, reporting, transformation, change management
- Defining and measuring operational and strategic success by using a formal framework (OKR, BSC, etc.)
- Experience coaching business leaders on how to quantify key results
- Finance and / or accounting roles with emphasis on financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis
- Creating management level reports through Power BI, Tableau, Think-cell, etc.
- Experience with technology expenses preferred, e.g., Agile, SaaS, software implementation
- Business Intelligence tools e.g., Power BI, Hyperion
- Microsoft tools including Office and Azure Dev Ops
- ERP plus Planning and Budgeting tools e.g., PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, Apptio
Business skills and abilities
- Partner with business unit teams to help support their key initiatives through measurement
- Develop meaningful and easy to understand financial and performance metrics summaries and highlights to senior management
- Prioritize human interactions, understanding, and alignment
- Communicate at various organizational levels, varying cadence or level of detail as needed
- Recognize improvement opportunities and develop strategy and action plans to implement them
- Organize results to ensure timeliness and completeness
- Implement effective processes and controls
- Prioritize due to business or requirements changes
- Engage and guide people in change management
- Be passionate about translating high-level strategy into a trackable goals and metrics
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or similar field
MBA is a plus!
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center