Business Process Improvement Consultant I (Multiple Openings)Information Services - Other, Information Technology Job ID 2022-11686 Johnston, Rhode Island 03/03/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Business Process Improvement Consultant leads the process improvement and efficiency efforts across the organization. This position's primary function is to ensure a systematic approach to help corporate and insurance operations improve underlying processes to be more efficient and effective in the delivery of products and services. Serves as a leader in the organization to promote a culture to empower employees to impact process improvement.
Responsible for managing multiple projects and initiatives related to efficiency and process improvement. Along with team members, work to ensure that projects are on track and that project resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Partner with other BPI team members, corporate and operations management, initiative specific Sponsors and Steering Committee members, and outside consultants to drive process improvement methodologies into processes and practices as identified by the team in conjunction with Executive Management.
Engage key stakeholders in various initiatives to gain buy in and help promote efficiency throughout the organization. Continuously communicate the project status; reach out to those involved in associated processes.
Develop the skills needed to manage large, complex projects while balancing the needs of key stakeholders, especially facilitation/presentation skills, analytical/problem solving techniques, and process redesign.
Champion process improvement methodologies throughout FM Global and engage all employees. Drive cultural change and encourage a balance between effectiveness and efficiency.
- Structuring the Work –fact gathering; analytic techniques; efficiency/accuracy issue definition; hypothesis generation; work path planning; individual work planning/prioritization; managing superiors; engaging stakeholders
- Relations (Client and Internal) – winning confidence and respect/networking; taking the stakeholder’s perspective
- Knowledge Base – practice area knowledge; computer support systems; ‘
- Professional Skills– Self-Management; professional demeanor. Proactivity; tenacity; teaming/leadership; maturity, poise, judgment; people skills
- Teaming – willing to take on and accomplish tasks; consistently finding ways to add value. Recognizes opportunities to create inclusive problem-solving environments
- Leadership – recognized leader; skilled at selling benefits to build support for ideas
- Risk Taking – willing to challenge the status quo
- Navigation of Internal Networks - showing savvy skills; uses tactful diplomacy in interactions
Education and other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of hands-on Process Improvement experience in a Corporate Environment (Lean, Six Sigma, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA a strong positive.
- Lean and Six Sigma Certifications (Black Belt or equivalent)
- Experience at FM Global or in the industry desired
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center