CAD InternApply Now Job ID 2019-9101 Date posted 09/25/2019
Overview - External
CAD Intern - Summer 2020
Location: Johnston, RI.
As an EPS CAD Intern you will create and revise preliminary FM Global insurance plans using customized CAD software. Working with satellite imagery, aerial photography, and other technical data, you’ll create simple sketches of insured locations for our field engineers to utilize in their reporting of client’s locations. You’ll be training and working with experienced CAD Operators and other FM Global professionals on the newest hardware and software available. Opportunities for other drafting tasks may be presented.
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
- Locating client sites using geospatial mapping platforms that utilize satellite images, aerial photography, and GIS data.
- Creating georeferenced drawings of client sites from available images; showing buildings, roads, structures, rivers, and more.
- Generating flood maps of client sites to assist in the identification of insured’s flood hazards.
- Producing PDFs and submitting the completed files using business processes and systems.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program for CAD Drafting, Architecture or Engineering
- Minimum of 1 Semester of CAD drafting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, operational knowledge of standard tools such as PC’s, scanners, plotters, printers and e-mail. Technical systems proficiency encompassing CAD, imaging, and document management. Ability to work independently and collaborate with others. Experience in Bentley products such as Microstation and OpenBuildings Designer a plus.
Please note, this is a paid internship.
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.