Collections AssociateAccounting/Finance - Accounting, Other Careers Job ID 2022-12272 Primary Location: Johnston, Rhode Island 09/23/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles
Reporting to the Transactional Accounts Receivable (AR) & Collections Supervisor, the position will be responsible for performing all collection activities in compliance with defined policies and procedures to support optimal cash flow and ensure timely payment of premiums from customers, brokers, coinsurers or WRP
This will include working with account teams, WRPs, Global Services and possibly clients/brokers worldwide to pursue collection of all receivables. The position will be required to take initiative to improve collections/reporting/methodologies and reconciliations.
This position may be required to prepare analysis in support of improving collection efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting preferred, or equivalent education and experience. (minimum of 1-2 years of experience)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and TEAMS.
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft Financials a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to recognize, schedule and manage priorities.
- Ability to work independently within specific timeframes and deadlines.
- Possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly learn new things and adapt to change.
- Ability to work collaboratively across disciplines to share knowledge with others.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center