Communications InternApply Now Job ID 2019-8349 Date posted 01/24/2019
Overview - External
Through FM Global’s hands-on, paid communications internship program, you will gain real-world experience in a marketing communications environment. Students work with the marketing communications team to develop and distribute corporate messaging to employees, clients and prospects via a variety of mediums and channels.
- Assisting with the development of a variety of digital and print communications, as well as video production
- Supporting employee and external communication efforts by conveying the organization’s mission, vision, corporate objectives and key differentiators, particularly through the company’s quarterly employee magazine, intranet, client magazine, website and email marketing efforts
- Providing communications support to special projects and business units as needed
- Assisting with the maintenance of the intranet home page, including, but not limited to, the writing and posting of corporate and local news announcements and other copy
- Researching various topics
- Proofreading copy for various media
- Completing administrative tasks as needed
- Maintain overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Major in marketing, public relations, journalism, English or communications
- Be motivated, dedicated, organized, reliable and ready to work in a professional environment
- Have top-notch writing and interpersonal skills
- Have an ability to work independently and/or with others
- Be a junior going into senior year in college
Hours are flexible and depend on your class schedule, course requirements (if applicable) and availability. Ideally, the hours would be full-time (40 hours per week) during the summer timeframe, with a start date of May 2019. Should the internship be extended into the academic year, this availability can be adjusted. The FM Global communications internship is offered at the company’s corporate offices in Johnston, R.I.
*FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.