Controllers InternApply Now Job ID 2021-10520 Date posted 04/13/2021
Overview - External
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
FM Global provides students the opportunity to contribute meaningful work that supports real business objectives and results! We want students to apply classroom learning to the workplace.
The FM Global Controllers team, based in Johnston, Rhode Island, is responsible for the consolidated financial reporting for the FM Global Group. It is also responsible for statutory reporting to the US regulators, internal operational reporting and performs a variety of other reporting and analysis internally and externally, in relation to the FM Global Group and its branches and subsidiaries.
We are looking for an accounting/finance major to serve as our Controllers intern. This role will prepare the candidate for a full-time position performing financial reporting and analysis by providing practical experience in a number of areas, including:
- Assisting with the global month end reporting process.
- Preparing financial reports for the US entities and various international branches.
- Preparing analysis and journal entries for the global financial statements.
- Regular interactions with corporate staff to capture information needed to prepare the analysis and reports.
- Improve written communication skills by preparing commentary in reports for example, documenting reasons for actual to budget variances.
- Opportunity to review current processes and create efficiencies / improvements, where required.
- Accounting/finance major currently completing their junior year, senior year or graduate program
- GPA of 3.3 or higher preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.