Strategic Communication Consultant Social Media
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
The strategic communications consultant, social media marketing, serves as the organization’s lead for developing and implementing use of social media to support business objectives. The role is responsible for recommending an overall social media strategy, and refreshing it as appropriate to ensure FM Global is current with its use of the channel; for guiding social media activity across various teams to ensure alignment and consistency of engagement; for serving as the contact for the corporate voice on social media channels; for managing conflicts and issues that arise from social media interactions; and for reporting regularly on agreed-to measures for ensuring continued effectiveness of the channel.
Qualifications - External:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism and/or related field; or global university equivalent. Advanced degree desirable.
- 3-5 years of experience specializing in social media as a subset of 5-10 years of general marketing communications/marketing management experience
- Experience developing multi-faceted digital and social media campaigns within a B2B environment—includes strategy, workflow/execution, training, measurement, reporting to different levels of the organization/management, etc.
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media such as: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, SnapChat, blogs, etc…
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills; proven ability to deliver high-quality work while managing multiple concurrent projects across variable business units
- Ability to work cross-functionally with peer groups and executive leadership to achieve business goals and individual performance objectives
- Exemplary communication skills (persuasive written, compelling oral), with strong presentation abilities
- An independent, creative thinker who pushes the envelope and embraces change—displaying leadership through innovation
- International business/marketing experience a plus