Data Analytics Co OpData Analytics Job ID 2022-12505 Primary Location: Johnston, Rhode Island 11/11/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is one of the world's largest commercial and industrial property insurance and risk management organizations, specializing in property protection. More than one out of every three Fortune 1000 companies, as well as leading international corporations, benefit from FM Global's superior financial strength, policy coverage, risk management skills and extensive expertise in loss prevention engineering and research. Ranked 447 on the FORTUNE 500 list of America’s largest companies, FM Global employs more than 5,800 employees, including 1,900 loss prevention engineers in over 60 countries worldwide. FM Global's mission is to do everything they can to understand the client's business needs, reduce their risk, and be there before, during, and after a loss as an ally in resilience.
The Data Analytics team at FM Global is responsible for extracting insights from our data to help our leaders make better business decisions. In this role, you will help us design, develop, and maintain the technology solutions that support analytics and reporting. Working on the Analytics Technology Data Architecture team within the Data Analytics organization, you will work with the technology and data platforms that support our business intelligence and data science analysts. You may work on software development, code analysis, requirement analysis, or testing existing code.
- Conduct analysis of data across databases to determine contrasts and consistencies. Project goal is to prepare for retiring data marts, and ensuring that the historical data, business logic and transformations are replicated in the new data warehouse.
- Design, develop and implement extensible ETL solutions to support key business data/data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), stored procedures, views, functions, etc.
- Develop code to create dimensions and facts for data marts.
- Configure and maintain scheduled ETL jobs.
- Support exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis.
- Data Literacy; understanding database fundamentals, including SQL
- General knowledge of computer fundamentals, including operating systems and networks
- Awareness or knowledge of one or more of the following languages is a plus: C#, SQL, APIs, DAX
- Awareness or knowledge of Cognos, PowerBI
- Awareness or knowledge of data warehousing, data modeling techniques (relational, Kimball, Inmon modeling).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to research data in databases and compare/contrast data sets across databases
- Ability to learn quickly on the job, work in teams and share ideas to solve problems
- Pursuing or completed Computer Science or Data Engineering degree, Technology or related field experience.
- 0-2 years of experience of Microsoft SQL Server environment developing SQL queries, working with SSIS, SSRS, stored procedure development, understanding database management systems.
- Ability to take initiative and be innovative.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
*FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center