Data Science InternApply Now Job ID 2019-8425 Date posted 02/21/2019
Overview - External
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
As a Data Science Intern, you will work with a team that focuses on translating business needs into analytics, interpretation of analytics into business applications, advanced technologies and artificial intelligence solutions. You’ll work alongside multiple departments including operations, innovation, business technology transformation, underwriting and engineering to streamline AI efforts.
Our projects range from financial decision support and advanced risk analytics to engineering based analytics. We work on short term business critical problems and develop long-term opportunities for FM Global.
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. or MS in Data Science, Computer Science, AI, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or other relevant fields
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques including but not limited to Generalized Linear Models, Machine Learning, Text Analytics
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access/ SQL
- Proficiency in R and/or Python
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience in design, validation and testing of algorithms and systems
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire and ability to work well with others in a team environment and across disciplines
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.