Data Science InternData Analytics Job ID 2022-12509 Primary Location: Johnston, Rhode Island 11/14/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
As a Data Science Intern at our Data Analytics department, you will be part of a team that translates business needs into analytics, interprets analytics for business applications, and leverage advanced technologies to provide artificial intelligence solutions. This role will provide you with the opportunity to be part of top-notch research in the field of loss prevention.
You’ll be part of a leading-edge and diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals at our corporate offices in Johnston, RI. Your projects will be interesting, exciting, and challenging, and you will use your creativity and leverage a vast array of techniques and tools.
- Actively enrolled in a Ph.D. or M.S. program in Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or a related field
- Knowledge of:
- Generalized Linear Models, Linear Models, and Machine Learning, OR
- Deterministic and Probabilistic Operations Research, and Simulation
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Good programming skills R or Python
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center