Development Lead of Software Engineering (Remote Location Intelligence)Information Services - Software Engineer, Engineering, Engineering - Other, Information Technology Job ID 2022-11985 Johnston, Rhode Island 05/11/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This position is open to fully remote candidates with quarterly travel to Headquarters located in Johnston, RI.
We currently have a Development Lead opportunity for a Full Stack Developer.
Leads and mentors in the design, development, enhancement, and maintenance of web-based multi-tiered business applications. Individuals holding this position are typically expected to be thought leaders in conjunction with solution architects and lead product teams from technical and delivery perspectives as well as work independently as a member of a team. Emphasize partnership and servant leadership within your team and the organization to drive product delivery and achieve set objectives. Mentor junior team members to they work effectively and with the highest standards.
This individual also participates fully in all team practices and standards. Works with IT colleagues and other stakeholders to evaluate defined complex business requirements and processes, assess available technologies, determine infrastructure, and recommend solution options.
Incumbents play a lead role in building application solutions which may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies, and tools and must ensure that technologies used align with enterprise-wide technical architecture and ensure consistency across products.
Demonstrates personal accountability and ensures successful team outcomes by proactively identifying and mitigating delivery impediments, dependencies, and risks. Support in partnership with Solution and Test Architects quality efforts within the team.
This individual will also participate in Agile practices employed in the team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in writing C# code for the ASP.NET platform, have knowledge of building scalable APIs, Docker containers, SQL and GIS basics.
Previous experience with the Agile SDLC methodology is preferred.
As a Dev Lead you bring:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Commitment to delivery
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate openly within a fast-moving team
- A deep desire to learn and apply technology in a pragmatic way to create client value
- Experience designing and building systems that are maintainable, evolvable, and highly tested
- Specific responsibilities include but limited to:
- Help the development team to resolve technical issues and advance technical risks
- Make final code-level technical design decisions grounded in industry standards and design patterns to be followed by the development team
- Lead technical refinement ceremonies, coordinate inter-, and represent the development team during PI planning
- Perform pull request code reviews for code quality, application and security standards compliance based on approved review checklists and using code scanning tools such as Veracode
- Review automated tests for completion, coverage and necessary complexity ensuring that all code paths including edge cases are included
- Collaborate with CI/CD resources to ensure the completion of automated deployment pipelines and creation of a robust release promotion strategy
- Perform disaster recovery planning for the solution – identify components, formulate the plan, and provide necessary team members resources for disaster recovery
8+ years of in-depth experience in object-oriented business application design and development in a multi-tiered environment
- Experience in all phases of SDLC from Requirement Analysis to Implementation and Maintenance
- Strong proficiency with C#, .NET, data structures, basic algorithms and applying object-oriented principles and design patterns
- Strong experience with multithreaded programming and experience designing orchestration modules
- Self-motivated to stay ahead of development technologies, tools, and implementation patterns and a desire to share this knowledge within teams and the broader organization
- Strong experience developing in ASP.NET
- Experience in scalable Web APIs
- Experience in designing and implementing efficient and scalable RESTful APIs
- Experience in Unit Testing frameworks
- Experience with Docker container definition, deployment, and testing
- Experience in Version Control tools like GIT and IDE like VS Code, Visual Studio
- Experience developing database stored procedures using T/SQL
- Experience working with automation frameworks such as Selenium and Cypress
- Additional Highly Preferred Skills
- Strong experience with AI/ML and computer vision methodologies preferred
- Experience with GIS tools such as ArcGIS
- Experience integrating automation test code into CI/CD pipeline processes
- Exposure to technologies such as
Experience in Agile environments
Experience with Agile methodologies and frameworks
Recognized servant leader
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related subject area; or equivalent work experience and training.
Advanced degree and certification are desirable!
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center