Digital Client Experience Technical Product Owner
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Come join FM Global's Technology Products team and put your leadership and innovation in building and managing key mission critical business technology products. We are looking for a motivated and dedicated technologist to take on the role of Product Owner (PO) and lead a team of software engineers and technology professionals to drive and deliver valuable products and co-create outstanding experiences. You will be creating the technology product vision and roadmap, prioritizing and handling product backlogs while striving for timely delivery. You will also be representing the interest of your customer and key business partners and stakeholders to our teams while delivering on the product vision. The PO manages key interactions with key business partners, users, and other product teams, and collaborates with business departments to solve for business needs. The PO also executes on the product roadmap to achieve the intended products metrics and business goals.
- Leads one or more product teams (20 software engineers, technology professionals, and UX designers) to deliver valuable, quality, and timely product features and capabilities in alignment with enterprise priorities, and with business and technology operational excellence.
- Owns the technology product vision. Accountable for defining and prioritizing healthy product backlogs for all their products while aiming for timely delivery, representing the customer and partners to our teams.
- Works closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), operations and staff team members with strong business domain knowledge to understand the needs and opportunities for the product. Handles interactions with key business partners and users for products within their journey. Attends product team ceremonies for more than one product team.
- Defines and translates the product vision into feature(s) and tactics for our technology products. Supports communicating the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Leads and influences our customers and product teams daily by explaining the value of our product and its features. Assists with gaining dedication to implementation.
- Breaks down our commitments to measurable and achievable work. Works day to day with the product teams clarifying customer requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating, and gaining alignment around feature or product strategy.
- Leads product delivery of defined scope, partners with operations users, SMEs, and business teams to ensure user stories are clear, removes barriers for team members, and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as the “voice of the customer.”
- Develops, reviews, and approves all product user stories and leads the product demo for the product user panel.
- Participates in team retrospectives to validate quality and provide feedback to the team to improve team processes.
- Leads and coordinates delivery, training, and support plans.
- Ensures that internal and external customers receive timely, efficient service for all products in the journey.
- 4 Year College Degree/Bachelors
- 5-10 years’ experience in business, underwriting, product management, software development, technology and/or consulting. Knowledge of Commercial property insurance is highly preferred! A servant leader with outstanding planning, analytical, decision-making, organization, communication, and teamwork skills. Strong commercial insurance knowledge with the ability to influence others and build consensus. Able to make difficult and quick decisions daily with incomplete information for all products across the journey.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with capability to drive projects towards completion, and is able to work with all levels of team members and leadership.
- Innovative and creative leader with experimental mentality and demonstrated willingness to learn and experiment.
- A technologist capable of leading a mission critical technology product to deliver business value.
- Intermediate skills in Excel and PowerPoint
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.