Dynamics 365 CRM/.Net Senior Software Engineer
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Senior Software Engineer will be a key member of a self-managing Agile team and will influence technical aspects of the solution including details related to design, implementation and automated testing. Additionally, as a member of a Web/Mobile Software Development Chapter at FM Global, this individual will have the opportunity to continuously grow their technical skill set through formal training, mentoring and experimentation.
- 2+ years developing solutions in Dynamics 365 including configuration, workflow and plug-in development are required.
- Experience with Power BI or SSRS, OData and FetchXML is a plus.
- Solid experience designing, architecting and building effective solutions according to industry standard methodologies is a must, as is experience with the full systems development life cycle as it pertains to business application development projects.
- Experience in estimating application design/development work, and in the creation of application technical standards and documentation.
- Experience migrating data from legacy CRM implementations to Dynamics 365 is helpful.
- Self-motivated in researching alternative technologies, tools and techniques to solve business problems with application solutions.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with an ability to translate technical concepts as appropriate to the level of the audience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related subject area
- 5 years in depth technical experience in object oriented business application design and development within a complex distributed application environment are preferred. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.