Software Engineer � Sharepoint / Full Stack .NETInformation Services - Software Engineer, Engineering, Engineering - Other, Information Technology Job ID 2021-11460 Johnston, Rhode Island 03/02/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Associate Chapter Lead works as part of a product team to lead and inspire software development staff, collaborate with architects to guide technology direction for the product, and works hands-on with the development staff to motivate and help ensure successful product delivery. As manager, leader and coach to software development staff, the Associate Chapter Lead works to build and maximize the capabilities and skills of employees on the team, model knowledge sharing within the team, and acts as a catalyst in the development and growth of these individuals and the team. This role understands product strategic direction and backlog and evolves skills of team members and team composition to meet the current and future needs. The Associate Chapter Lead acts as practice leader and software development SME who engages with the product owner and solution architect, in addition to managing internal software development staff and overseeing vendor sourced staff.
Oversee the day-to-day operation of vendor sourced team(s). Coordinate between vendor teams and other internal technical teams.
Develop technology skills and capabilities, and employee competencies, of chapter members. Set individual and team goals for chapter member development and growth, and measure progress.
Partner with Product Owners, Solution Architects and vendor team leads to influence product technology direction.
Remove organizational impediments to allow chapter members to contribute effectively and efficiently.
- Five years minimum total experience in Software Development.
- Experience with Sharepoint and Angular
- Experience with externally facing web applications
- Experience with security vulnerability remediation and OWASP Top 10
- Experience mentoring junior Developers
- Experience in coordination between Product Owners, Solution Architects, and multiple teams.
- Experience in evaluating technologies.
- Experience in leading effective technology proof of concepts.
- Experience interviewing and assessing personnel.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and developing highly motivated technical workforce.
- Experience influencing.
- Strong communication skills to provide guidance and education on new concepts and practices to chapter members and vendor teams
- Ability to coach technical individuals on performance and skill development
- Ability to resolve conflicts within and across teams
- Ability to organize events (theme meetings, hackathons) in the subject area
- Ability to create an atmosphere of trust and openness while delivering significant business value
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Fields.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center