Engineering Quality Technical EditorEngineering, Engineering - Other Job ID 2022-11847 Johnston, Rhode Island 04/16/2022
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Engineering Quality Technical Editor plays a critical role ensuring quality and FM Global brand consistency on select engineering and client-facing products and services.
They are responsible for reviewing content for logic and coherence, grammar and punctuation, spelling, consistency, style, language usage and formatting.
Edits and proofreads Understanding the Hazard materials (UTH),
Operating Standards (OS) and other technical knowledge documents.
Ensures final documents are completed within set production schedules.
Also provides editorial support to other documents and presentations developed within the CEG group and to a variety of written and electronic communications.
The Engineering Quality Technical Editor coaches others on available technologies and best practices to ensure delivery of the best possible products and services.
4 Year / Bachelor’s Degree in English or equivalent experience in Communication, Proofreading/Editing, Journalism, or Marketing.
Educational background in a technical field represents an advantage.
- 2 years Technical writing and editing in a corporate or agency setting.
- Experience developing and enforcing editorial style guidelines.
- Results driven work ethic with high energy and enthusiasm levels, willingness to learn and open to new challenges.
- Experience with defining editorial workflow and organize content.
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) preferred!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Independent, self-motivated and able to work under tight timelines
- Demonstrated excellence in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint; knowledge of XML a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (especially Adobe InDesign application)
- Able to provide effective consultation on a full range of editorial functions
- Experience developing and implementing workflow best practices
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center