Executive Administrative Assistant
Johnston, Rhode Island
We connect people, processes and technologies. We enable strategy, empower business, and create value for clients, partners and employees. That's what makes Technology at FM Global so exciting. We build resilience and security into all aspects of our technology infrastructure which is the cornerstone from which all other services are provided.
What makes a successful Information Technology employee at FM Global?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
NATURE IS NOT PREDICTABLE. OUR TECHNOLOGY NEEDS TO BE.
For our 1,800 engineers helping protect our clients' businesses against potential disaster, the ability to reliably transact business from anywhere in the world is critical. That's what makes designing IT systems at FM Global so exciting. My colleagues and I build innovative mobile solutions that ensure critical loss prevention information is never more than a click away. This commitment to protecting our clients' businesses from loss through advanced technology solutions is why I choose to work at FM Global.George — Information Technology Manager — Employee Since 1995
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Under minimum supervision, works independently using considerable judgement and initiative to handle all administrative functions on behalf of the Chief Strategy and Information Officer, his leadership team and the Strategy & Business Enablement organization.
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the senior executive for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc. Summarizes the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist executive; coordinates the new information with background office sources; draws attention to important parts or conflict. Anticipates ways in which executive time may be saved.
- Composes correspondence requiring knowledge of executive's views, philosophy, and some understanding of technical matters; may sign for executive when technical or policy content has been authorized.
- Handles details of a confidential nature, and performs administrative functions based on understanding of company policy, executive's views and philosophy, which can be assumed by this level of administrative assistant.
- Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office which often cannot be brought to the attention of the executive.
- Heavy calendar management. Schedule's meetings and appointments for senior executive; arranges travel schedule and reservations.
- Reads outgoing correspondence for executive approval and alerts writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or executive's viewpoints; gives advice to resolve the problem.
- Assists in the development of the work group's budget, business planning, and related planning functions.
Day to day responsibilities:
- 8+ years administrative experience supporting Senior management.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, Excel and other spreadsheet or database software, as indicated by the position.
- Excellent keyboard skills, including typing speed and accuracy.
- Highly refined telephone skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide leadership to other secretarial and clerical staff.
- Significant ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information and material.
- Internal company knowledge preferred.
Associates degree preferred.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Fully vaccinated means 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines), or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson). If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of age, you are not fully vaccinated. If you have had the COVID-19 virus, this does not qualify as having been vaccinated.