Executive Assistant C-SuiteAdministrative - Administrative Assistant, Other Careers Job ID 2021-11197 Johnston, Rhode Island 10/05/2021
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
•Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the COO including, managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, arranging travel plans, preparing itineraries and agendas, organizing, and coordinating meetings.
•Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the COO for conferences, correspondences, trips, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc. Summarizes the content of incoming materials, specially gathers information for meetings to assist COO; coordinates the new information with background office sources; draws attention to important parts or conflict. Anticipates ways in which COO’s time may be saved.
•Handles confidential information, and performs administrative functions based on understanding of company policy, COO's views and philosophy, which can be assumed by this level of executive assistant.
•Takes ownership of all tasks to ensure outstanding issues relating to the COO is addressed and resolved expeditiously
•Organizes information for use in conferences, speeches, presentations, prepares correspondence, as well as other various reports needed by the COO.
•Takes the lead on the planning/organizing of assigned meetings and/or events.
•Handles a wide variety of tasks involving the administrative function of the COO’s office which includes expense reports, financial and invoice reconciliation, maintains files, records, and other initiatives.
•Communicates directives and information from the COO to executives, managers and others in the organization and follows up on the status of assignments.
•Receives, screens and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail and email. Relays telephone messages from internal and external sources, managing the time/interaction the COO has with internal and external sources.
•Responds to routine correspondence, researches background material, and responds to inquiries.
•Provide a strong link between the COO’s office and other departments within the company, as well as between the company and external parties, as a representative of the COO’s office in dealings with both internal and external communication.
•If called upon, arrange logistics for board and executive meetings.
•Greet guests to the office of the COO with confidence and poise.
• A minimum of 10+ years of prior administrative experience supporting C-Suite level executives in a business environment required
• Expert level proficiency with Microsoft office to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
• Communicates effectively and collaboratively with individuals, and internal and external organizations; applies effective written and oral communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages; ability to edit and proofread documents required
• Ability to exercise high ethical standards and considerable judgment and discretion in completing assignments
• Effective at optimizing work processes with a focus on continuous improvement
• Acts with diplomacy and tact and relates comfortably with employees across all functions and geographies
• Ability to make sound and timely decisions
• Prior experience working with and managing highly sensitive and confidential information with discretion
• A demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities effectively
• Must be organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to proactively forecast and navigate sensitive and confidential issues
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines
• Demonstrated agility and highly skilled in prioritizing executive work flow
• Must have good assessment and problem resolution skills
• Resourceful, self-sufficient and knowledgeable on when to escalate concerns
• Must be professionally candid and have the ability to share thoughts as needed
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center