Finance Accounts Receivable InternApply Now Job ID 2021-10493 Date posted 03/22/2021
Overview - External
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The FM Global Corporate Accounts Receivable team, centralized in Johnston, is responsible for the accurate and timely application for over $4 billion in premium receipts from diverse geographical areas, different time zones and multiple currencies. Including: direct licensed entities in USA and Canada for FM and AFM lines, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, a reinsurance branch in Malaysia and over 100 partner insurance companies in Latin America, Asia Pacific and EMEA territories.
We are looking for an accounting/ finance major to serve as our accounts receivable intern! This customer orientated role will provide experience that will prepare you for a full-time position in financial accounting by providing you with real life experience in the following areas:
- Regular interactions with corporate staff, operations worldwide, insureds, brokers and partner insurance companies
- Research, analysis, reconciliation and resolution of complex, multi-currency transactions
- Accounting/ finance major currently completing their junior year!
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer orientated
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.