Financial AnalystAccounting/Finance - Accounting, Other Careers Job ID 2021-11090 Johnston, Rhode Island 10/06/2021
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
The Financial Analyst will join the team responsible for the annual corporate budgeting process. The Analyst is responsible for administering the Membership Credit program, preparing information to record software development costs, preparing and responding to questions on month-end actual to budget analyses. The Analyst is also responsible for , conducting financial analysis based on management’s informational needs, performing monthly reconciliations for various general ledger account activity, and leading or participating in other finance initiatives as they arise.
- Responsible for the expenditure and capital components of FM Global’s annual budgetary process which includes preparing, collecting, summarizing, and analyzing budget data and reporting this data in a concise and informative format that can be easily utilized by executive management.
- Identify lessons learned throughout the budget process and suggest/implement improvements to provide a better customer experience. Good listening skills and a strong team-work approach is required.
- Perform advanced analysis of historic and forecast trends to support overall business planning.
- Responsible for administering the FM Global Membership Credit program, including all necessary calculations, reporting to client service centers and other users of such information, recording accounting entries to the general ledger, and preparing reconciliations relating to this business process.
- Provides guidance to client service teams for complex business transactions impacting the membership credit (i.e. mergers/acquisitions, spin-offs, etc.).
- Must be confident to interact with FM Global executive and senior management relating to the Membership Credit and Budget processes.
- Calculate, analyze, and record monthly US and Canadian fringe benefit reallocations.
- Prepare the monthly entry and analysis to record software development costs working with the SBE team. Periodically update metrics used to calculate the costs to be capitalized and update the policy as needed. Update processes for any new or changing accounting standards.
- Prepare and distribute various month-end analyses relating to actual to budget expenditures.
- Prepare comprehensive vendor analyses focusing on financial, operational and supply chain risks for varying organizational customers as part of their vendor due diligence selection.
- May lead or serve on cross-functional teams for finance initiatives.
- Ability to develop, enhance or streamline business processes and document the same. Maintains and updates process documentation and cross-trains other team members to ensure continuity in task completion.
- Conducts complex financial analysis and prepares reports to respond to management information needs.
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting principles and practices
- Ability to interpret and apply new accounting standards as necessary
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-up through completion of task
- Previous financial reporting experience including the use of financial reporting systems
- Must be proficient with PeopleSoft and the Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to document processes and procedures in written detail and update as necessary
- Able to develop effective working relationships with various and diverse stakeholders
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a non-routine environment and meet established deadlines
- Good listening and interpersonal skills
- Take ownership of work assigned through task completion
- Take initiative to complete task assigned and constructively deal with problems that may not have a clear solution or outcome
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
At least 7 years of experience in Accounting/Finance
Insurance Industry experience preferred and public accounting experience a plus
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.
BEING FM Global
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
We’re creating a company-wide culture that recognizes how essential this work is to our overall success.
Learn More about Diversity and Inclusion
FM Global Learning
We’re building technical skills and leadership capabilities across the enterprise, with new solutions for learning.
Learn More about FM Global's Learning Center