Full Stack Angular Developer
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information technology, or a related discipline.
Advanced degree in Computer Science highly desirable (i.e. Masters in CS, Microsoft Certifications, etc.)
6+ years of in-depth experience in object modeling, architecture, object-oriented application design, development, installation and modification in a complex enterprise environment. Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus.
- NET & C#
- SQL Server
Several of the following is desired:
- REST APIs
- NHibernate, Entity Framework
- Enterprise Authentication. Single Sign-on. OAuth and JWT
- DevOps patterns, tools, and pipelines (e.g. Azure DevOps)
- Messaging, Service Bus, and Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Object-oriented design, development and implementation of business applications in current computing architectures.
- N-Tier Architecture and patterns
- Test Automation patterns and tools
- Leadership of application development using current computing architectures and environments (e.g. multi-tiered Desktop or Web)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop accurate estimates.
- Expertise across multiple technologies required, including servers, browsers, 3rd party and open source utilities/tools for integrating application components with database management systems and legacy systems.
- Self-motivated to stay current in architecture patterns and development technologies.
- Experienced in DevOps to ensure a smooth delivery pipeline is established.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, including mentoring, training, teambuilding, influencing, negotiation, managing relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to translate technical concepts to the appropriate level of the audience.
- Ability to work well on cross-functional teams and shows commitment to the product and team.
- Instills a sense of urgency in the team and focuses the team on efficient delivery.
- Demonstrates and continuously broadens technical capabilities and domain knowledge where individual could serve effectively on a variety of product teams in a leadership capacity.
- Contributes within the chapter family in a leadership capacity.
- Takes on leadership of chapter family initiatives
- Understand the technology/business landscape and contributes to setting chapter family roadmap.
- Promote applicable standards and best practices (application security, api, architecture, test automation
- Influences across chapter families and/or product teams (sharing knowledge, mentoring)
- Explores new technology and/or methods and determines appropriateness for organization.
- Ensures alignment and drives adoption of new technology and/or methods.
- Develop other chapter member capabilities through coaching and mentoring.
- Facilitates team member contribution within planning, refinement, design and implementation efforts within product teams.
- Serve as an agile role model, both in process and mindset.