GIS InternApply Now Job ID 2020-10147 Date posted 12/05/2020
Overview - External
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Join a phenomenal team helping the company make meaningful engineering and underwriting decisions through geographic data and spatial analysis. Our GIS intern will partake in developing map data, performing location analysis, and preparing map outputs for our account teams. Take part in a variety of projects that will offer opportunities to learn new software and research new technologies!
This position reports to the GIS Manager within Engineering Plan Services and will perform daily tasks related, but not limited to:
- Editing geographic data
- Creating map outputs
- Analyzing locations
- Researching new technologies
- Knowledge of fundamental GIS concepts and GIS technical systems proficiency
- Decision making, organizational and problem-solving skills
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.