Head of Delivery Practices
Johnston, Rhode Island
You’ll quickly learn that we’re not like other property insurance companies. We’re guided by the belief that most losses can be prevented. So we do everything we can to understand your business needs and reduce your risk.
What makes a successful Candidate at FM Global? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Ensures Accountability
- Change Agent
- Communicates Effectively
Hear what our employees have to say about working at FM Global
employee since 2008
WHEN YOU'RE INVESTED IN SOLVING CHALLENGES, IT HELPS TO BE WITH A COMPANY THAT INVESTS IN YOUR SUCCESS.
My parents have always instilled in me the concept of working hard, having fun, thinking long term and planning for the future. FM Global is exciting, innovative and dynamic, and with so many professional opportunities here, it's also a company where you can spend your whole career and never get bored. I remember back during one of my initial interviews with FM Global, a manager shared that over 80% of the office staff had been with the company since they graduated college. That kind of longevity is one of the reasons I decided to work at FM Global. I'm proud to work for a company that invests in its employees and trains them to be the best. The willingness to learn is universal, the exposure to knowledge is infinite and the different career paths are endless. The opportunities to think long term don't get much broader.
See how FM Global and East Kentucky Power Cooperative partner to manage boiler and machinery risk.
FM Global Named One of America’s Best Employers by Forbes
Your financial goals are important to us, so we offer retirement programs that reflect local policy and custom.
Your time at FM Global should be valuable and enriching, with plenty of opportunities for skills development and career growth.
Eligible employees participate in an incentive plan based on the company achieving its annual financial goals.
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles
OVERVIEW / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Head of Delivery Practices is a senior leadership role that will help enhance the organization’s execution capabilities. The role will manage a team of experts trained in different delivery practices and methodologies - Agile, Business Process Improvement, Program Mgmt., Change Mgmt, etc and build a strong bench of talent in these disciplines. The person in the role will have successfully led large scale business transformations and have the required hard and soft skills to be recognized as a credible change leader. For the right candidate this is a highly rewarding and challenging role that requires well developed leadership, problem solving, strategic decision making and execution capabilities.
The Head of Delivery Practices will work closely with other leaders within and outside Strategy and Business Enablement (SBE) to ensure the company’s highest priorities are staffed with the appropriate resources and are implemented using practices that are ‘fit for purpose’. The person will be a keen developer of talent and coach and train the staff to not only build deeper expertise in specific practices (‘major’) but also to provide cross-training in other practices (‘minor’). He/she will also develop the broader organization’s knowledge in these disciplines using formal (e.g. training) and informal (e.g. practice communities) approaches.
The Head of Delivery Practices will bring a strategy / management consulting mindset and problem solving approach to building the function as a whole and the individual practices within the function – ensure that initiatives / engagements are well planned, career paths are clearly established, success measures are well defined, governance structures are in place.
- (50%) Ensure that execution outcomes from engagements are predictable and measurable – business value, time, cost and quality
- (30%) Build, develop and coach diverse and skilled talent who have expertise and experience in various delivery methodologies.
- (20%) Partner with leaders within and outside S&BE to ensure the staff are engaged on the highest enterprise priorities and use delivery practices that are ‘fit for purpose’ for specific business needs.
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education:Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 15+ years of relevant professional Management / Business consulting experience in in a global organization.
- 10+ years of leadership experience, including a proven track record in hiring, developing and coaching diverse talent.
- Experience leading large scale transformations, including organizational level change efforts.
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple methodologies such as but not limited to Agile, Lean, Program Mgmt., Change Mgmt.
- Experience at a strategy / management consulting firm is preferred (e.g. McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Deloitte)
- Ability to quickly gain credibility as a strong, professional senior leader who can provide clear leadership for the Delivery Practices function.
- Operate effectively as a member of the Strategy and Business Enablement leadership team through partnership, collaboration and influencing across lines of business and corporate functions.
- Ability to navigate and analyze complex or ambiguous issues, using hypotheses driven approach to problem solving.
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one.
- An ability to effectively influence (and be influenced by) others to appropriately modify opinions, plans, or behaviors.
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, actionable manner.
- A servant leader with the ability to coach and guide staff towards delivering successful business outcomes.
- Consulting and collaborative working style creating a culture of accountability and sharing.