Human Resources Communications InternApply Now Job ID 2019-8458 Date posted 03/12/2019
Overview - External
Through FM Global’s hands-on, paid HR communications internship program, you will gain real-world experience in an HR talent management division. You will work closely with the HR Communications Manager to provide ongoing communication solutions to members of the HR department. Projects will include communicating the implementation of a new performance and development platform for all employees, global work-life and well-being programs, North America benefits, compensation and payroll activities and more.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the development of a variety of digital and print communications
- Supporting employee communication efforts by conveying HR’s mission, vision and objectives, particularly through email marketing campaigns, company’s quarterly employee magazine, intranet, print materials, infographics, videos and surveys.
- Providing communications support to special projects and business units as needed
- Assisting with the HR’s presence on the company’s intranet including, but not limited to, the writing of corporate and local news announcements and other copy
- Contributing to projects within other areas of human resources, as needed (e.g., organization development, talent acquisition, etc.)
- Researching various topics
- Proofreading copy for various media
- Completing administrative tasks as needed
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
To be considered for FM Global’s HR communications internship, you must:
- Maintain overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Major in human resources, communications, English, marketing, journalism or public relations
- Be motivated, dedicated, organized, reliable and ready to work in a professional environment
- Have top-notch writing and interpersonal skills
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be a junior going into senior year in collegeHours are flexible and depend on your class schedule, course requirements (if applicable) and availability. Ideally, the hours would be full-time (40 hours per week) during the summer timeframe, with a start date of May 2019. Should the internship be extended into the academic year, this availability can be adjusted. The FM Global communications internship is offered at the company’s corporate offices in Johnston, R.I
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Training & Benefits
At FM Global, we strive to build ongoing partnerships with our clients, and key to accomplishing this is developing long-lasting relationships with our employees. For that reason, our benefits programs are designed to be attractive to employees throughout the various stages of their lives—and careers.
We call it TOTAL REWARDS.
Though specific policies and programs may vary by location, they are all designed to provide stability and security for you and your family. Now and in the future.
To support what matters to you, our Total Rewards benefits include:
- Extensive training and professional development
- Inclusive culture that seeks out and respects diversity
- Healthy work/life balance through employee-focused policies, such as healthcare, fitness reimbursement and paid time off
- Company-provided car (for field engineers)
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive base pay, an employee incentive plan, retirement benefits and programs
- Corporate citizenship programs and sustainability initiatives, including the Matching Gift and United Way campaign programs. Whether we're protecting the environment or giving back to the community, we are committed to doing business with honesty, integrity and transparency
The best way to learn more about what makes field engineering at FM Global so unique is to engage us in conversation. And visiting us at one of our events gives you the opportunity to ask questions in person and find out firsthand what makes our programs, our philosophy and our business so admired.